Saturday, April 14, 2012

Rant time


I have included a cute picture so that if you aren't interested in reading my rant, you can at least see my Cardinal the day I brought him home.

So, this morning, my receptionist, Stephanie, answered a call. It turned out to be a very upset client. A few months ago, she had brought in her dog who was bleeding from the nose. Now, yes, this is an emergency and needs to be seen. Unfortunately at that time, I was in surgery. One of my AHTs went to evaluate the dog and felt that rather than waiting an undetermined time for me to finish my surgery, they needed to immediately go to the emergency clinic. Off they went and it turned out that the dog required humane euthanasia as there were no other options.

Now, we didn't know the client was upset and a vaccine reminder was recently sent out for her other pet. Not quite sure how we were to know that she never wanted to use our services again if we aren't told.

I have two points I would like to make. One, if you want to be mad and take it out on somebody, take it out on me. I was the one performing surgery. Two, I cannot leave surgery!!!! It is non-negotiable!!! If this client were to take a deep breath and put herself in the shoes of the owner who's dog I was performing surgery on, I am very sure she would never want me the surgery room.

If you have made it this far, thank you for putting up with my rant!

No comments:

Post a Comment