Thursday, February 24, 2011

Be careful what you ask for : )


I was informed by one of my volunteers this week that I needed to be doing more blogging. Well, for such a hard working young lady who has her first paper route (starting in this weather!), I will do my best.

When people come to volunteer at our hospital, we have a list of tasks for them to do. The usual stuff includes cleaning kennels, cleaning exam rooms between appointments, cleaning the floors (there is always so much cleaning to do). There may also be envelopes to stamp, travel sheets to organize. There is always so much to do and it never seems to end!

If possible, we do try to include them in cases and/or appointments. If they have earned their way into observing appointments, they can join me for this. It is good for them to be able to see what happens in case they are interested in becoming an assistant, AHT or veterinarian in the future.

Shaelyn, who encouraged me to blog more, is in the picture making mouth gags for our dentals. These are placed at the back of the mouths to catch the excess water from our procedures. By having yarn attached, it makes it easy to remove when wet and reminds us it needs to be removed at the end of the dental work.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank all our volunteers for their hard work. You make ours much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment