Monday, February 3, 2014

Big Rock Elementary School Celebrity Reader

I got to be a celebrity at the Big Rock Elementary School here in Okotoks this past week. I'm not going to lie, I did truly feel like a star complete with my own paparazzi!!! In two days, I went to seven classes (Grades 2 through 6). We have some great kids here in this town. The questions I got really made me think and it was so much fun. Plus, I got to read sections from "The Hobbit" that is one of my favorite books to the older kids and "Walter the Farting Dog" to the younger kids.


Some of the pictures look fairly normal. This one just looks like I'm talking to a keen class of students.



I am a visual person so regardless of what this may look like, I am trying to show what a foreign body looked like on a radiograph. Honest!


I was told by someone, who shall remain nameless, that I have helicopter arms. I just tend to get animated talking about veterinary medicine.










Madly signing my name so I could go to the next class. This is where having the notorious doctor's writing paid off.












I really want to thank everyone at the Big Rock Elementary School for giving me this opportunity to have so much! The teachers for for letting me into their classrooms (to talk to students who were trapped listening to me chatter on). The volunteers who got me to the different classrooms on time and of course, the students. Never stop asking questions!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your celebrity status. Seems like a good time was had by all. :-)

    ReplyDelete