Monday, March 12, 2012

She's how old?


Amongst the Monday surprises I saw today, this one had me speachless for a period of time. I had three cat spays and one dog neuter scheduled. Started with the spays cause I had an added procedure with the neuter (next blog). Two of the girls were almost 6 months old (sisters) and the other was 18 weeks old.

I was so surprised when I found the uterus in the youngest. She was in heat!!! I have only seen one other kitten this young go into heat (of course she was mine). I came home one day from college and my kitten, Carob, was making some interesting noises. After a sleepless night, I headed downstairs with her and left her to get spayed. There were a number of perks about living in the apartment over the veterinary hospital when I was a student.

To get a better perspective of the size difference, double click on the picture. The one on the left is of the in-heat uterus. So, while the older cats were double the size of the kitten, her uterus was double the size of theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment